So, you’re thinking about starting a business or moving one to Florence.
We think you will be forever happy with your decision, and we’d love to help!
The Florence Area Chamber of Commerce is a catalyst for business, convener of leaders and influencers, and a champion for a thriving community.
Part of our mission is to provide assistance to our members (it’s easy and affordable to join the Chamber) to build successful, thriving businesses. Through our many partnerships and alliances, we provide you with the resources and direction you need to help bring your plans to success here in Florence.
We serve as your first catalyst to achieve your business goals by partnering with the City of Florence, Lane Community College, the Small Business Association, Lane County, the State of Oregon, Worksource Oregon (employment division), and Oregon RAIN (the Regional Accelerator & Innovation Network that helps launch and grow innovative, local, job-producing startups).
The Chamber and its members know a thriving business economy makes for a great place to live. When you succeed, you can employ people, contribute to local non-profits, and invest in other local businesses.
Simply said, economic development is one of our key core values. Your success drives that.
The Florence Area Chamber of Commerce is your champion to market your business locally, and to bring business to you from around the region. We also produce and/or support great public events and festivals that bring people to Florence and drive visitors and locals to local merchants.
The City of Florence has intensified its effort for economic development with the creation of an Economic Development Committee consisting of a dynamic and experienced team to assist and promote businesses in the Florence area. In addition to the Pacific View Business Park the City completed a review of available buildings within the City, with particular focus on the Hwy 101 corridor and in Historic Old Town. You can download that map and list HERE. For additional information on City of Florence Economic Development, contact City Recorder Kelli Weese, 541-997-3437 or click HERE.
On our adjacent pages you will find valuable local, county, and state resources to start and grow your business.
Why start or move your business in Florence?
Located right in the center of the beautiful Oregon Coast, Florence is a modern, business-friendly, forward-thinking city. Here are some of Florence’s business advantages…
- $2M in new urban development
- 4G cellular network
- High-speed fiber internet
- Lower energy costs (commercial electricity rates are 28% less, industrial electricity rates are 39% less, and residential electricity rates are 34% less than the national average)
- A forward-thinking city council with business- and growth-focused committees that get things done
- Low property taxes
- 5-minute average commute time (seriously…5 minutes!)
- A beautiful one-hour drive (a typical big-city commute) to Eugene/Springfield and its resources
- Mild year-around climate (it rains here a lot less than people think, and it’s almost always nicer than the forecasters in Eugene say it will be)
Come join the more than 600 businesses have made Florence their home, and a great place to live year-round, with excellent quality of life metrics, plenty of activities and community resources, a thriving arts community, well-regarded public schools, endless natural attractions, and unique after-work activities for staff and management.
How can the Florence Chamber boost my success?
That statistics are staggering about how many and why small businesses (1 to 500 employees) fail. Here are some common reasons and what we’re doing about it:
- Inadequate marketing –> free and regular marketing seminars by local and regional experts
- Poor business planning –> free mentoring program and regular business-building seminars by local and regional experts
- Insufficient market research –> free market data
- Lack of customers –> ongoing local and regional marketing that brings customers to your door
- Ran out of cash or poor product offering –> free coaching and advice from “those who have been there”
- Competition –> market profiles, online and traditional marketing advice
- Bad management –> training resources for you, your management team, and employees
Awards and recognition for Florence
Recently Florence’s profile has been boosted by gaining recognition as…
- “One of the Best Places to Propose in the US” (Expedia.com)
- “25 Best Family Weekend Getaways With Kids” (TripAdvisor.com)
- #2 “Best Small Town in the Northwest” and #2 “Small Town In America for Adventure” (USA Today)
- “America’s Most Beautiful Town” (Expedia.com)
- Favorite coastal getaway destination (Oregonian/OregonLive.com)
- “One of the 8 Coolest Cities You Must Experience for Yourself” (Flight.com)
- #2 Best Harbor in the US (USHarbors.com)
- “One of the top eight coastal places to retire (WhereToRetire.com)
- …and an official Coast Guard City
So, you can see, we are getting known to vacationers, romantics, outdoor enthusiasts, and retirees around the country, and even around the world. After all, we are Oregon’s Coastal Playground, and all these attributes and accolades prove it.
Please let us know what we can do to help you start or move your business to Florence so you can start enjoying an unmatched quality of work-life balance in this beautiful part of the world.