Job Title: Visitor Center Manager
Organization: Florence Area Chamber of Commerce Visitors Center
Location: Florence, Oregon
Type: Flexible Part-Time (20 hours per week)
Wage: $15 per hour
The Visitor Center Manager plays a pivotal role in leading the highly visible and dynamic Visitor Center of the Florence Area Chamber of Commerce, serving over 14,000 customers annually. This position is responsible for managing the Visitor Center volunteer staff, executing programs, and overseeing retail sales, with the goal of enhancing our visitors experience. The Visitor Center Manager reports directly to the CEO, and is a prominent figure within the Chamber and the local community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, schedule, supervise, and manage Visitor Center volunteers to ensure a well-trained and friendly team.
- Cultivate a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
- Manage the Visitor Center staff, sales, art exhibits, inventory and brochures.
- Manage and support tickets sales for occasional events.
- Support Chamber membership outreach, including onboarding and retention efforts.
- Provide timely and thorough responses to customer and Chamber member requests.
- Attend and represent the Chamber at occasional informational exhibits and events.
- Act as a key support for all Chamber events.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Does This Describe You?
- The Ultimate Extrovert: Ability to build rapport, relationships, and handle high-tension situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Happy to Help: Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of Chamber members and visitors.
- True Grit: Persistent and driven with a strong work ethic, able to persevere through challenges.
- Puzzle Master: Skilled in problem-solving, logical analysis, and finding effective solutions.
- Community Nerd: Passionate about the local community, eager to showcase its best offerings in tourism, business development, referrals, and community engagement opportunities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), calendar programs (Outlook), and Internet usage.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Strong understanding of customer service principles.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Continuous standing for 1-2 hours, sitting continuously for 2-3 hours, lifting files and objects weighing approximately 20 lbs.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.