Benefits of Chamber Membership
Membership Has Its Benefits: Reasons To Join
Businesses, Organizations, and Individuals benefit from valuable opportunities as members of the Florence Area Chamber. A study by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce lists five key reasons why people should join a local chamber: validation and credibility, networking opportunities, access to information, government advocacy and purchasing benefits.
Validation and Credibility
Florence Area Chamber members are immediately listed on the chamber’s website, which receives thousands of hits per month. And according to a study by the American Chamber of Commerce, when consumers know that a small business is a chamber member, they are 44 percent more likely to think favorably of that business. They are also 63 percent more likely to purchase that company’s goods or services.
The Florence Area Chamber of Commerce reserves time specifically for networking at all of their monthly meetings. Those meetings include Membership Luncheons and After Hours Mixers.
Access to Information
Chamber meetings, events and other communications are all designed to educate, motivate and inform members. For example, the programs the chamber offers provide information that businesses need to stay relevant, and also address topics tailored to meet the needs of both small businesses and large corporations.
The Florence Area Chamber advocates for members by monitoring local issues to let them know what may affect their businesses and the community. Through the chamber’s partnership with the city and county governments as well as with the Lane County Economic Development Council and the Travel Lane County, the chamber is the voice for business.
A complete list of benefits:
• Business Referrals – The Chamber receives many inquiries and of course, the Chamber always recommends its members first.
• Networking – Membership meetings, business mixers, special events and new member receptions provide excellent opportunities to network with other Chamber businesses.
• Educational Programming – From speakers at membership meetings once a month, to educational seminars, the Chamber offers many programs to educate businesses and serves as a sounding board for problem solving.
• Leadership – Many opportunities exist for showcasing and improving your leadership skills.
• Tax Deduction – Florence Area Chamber dues are 100% tax deductible as business expense.
• Business Promotion – Numerous opportunities exist for you to promote your business through the Chamber.
• Chamber Directory – Your company is listed by business category, in the annual printed Directory, and is included on the Chamber’s website member directory.
• Ribbon Cuttings – Ribbon Cutting events by the Chamber’s Ambassadors, for members’ new business openings/additions/expansions.
Stay Connected with Florence Area Chamber of Commerce