POSITION: Assistant Executive Director & Event Coordinator
STATUS: Full time, Salary $35,000/year
PROBATION: 90 Days
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Florence Area Chamber of Commerce seeks a high energy individual with exceptional leadership and organizational skills to provide creative communications and marketing expertise while also coordinating a wide range of programs, activities and events. If multi-tasking, demanding schedules, and challenging situations fit your personality and talents, then we’ve got an environment you’ll love. Applicant must be a self-starter and proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel). Ideally would also know Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Illustrator).
• Experience with PC operations including email, e-newsletters, spreadsheets, database, word processing and publishing (Microsoft Word, Outlook, & Excel Spreadsheets preferable).
• Preferable – knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Illustrator, etc.).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in marketing, sales, and event planning and coordination.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented office environment.
• Ability to multi-task in a busy office environment.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• Ability to handle and resolve recurring challenges.
• Minimum two years of experience involving public relations/customer service, sales/marketing, event coordination and familiar with a business environment.
• Possession of a valid Oregon driver’s license, dependable transportation and a satisfactory driving record.
• Some morning, evening and weekend meetings or events are required.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time and work outside in all weather conditions.
• Assist with development of Chamber publications
• Assist with publication of local and regional marketing
• Assist with Chamber marketing efforts
• Responsible for Chamber productions and coordination of programs and events
• Responsible for providing committee support to Executive Director
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a team member, maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment. Cooperate and resolve conflicts. Listen and communicate well with all types of people. Provide for open communication with supervisor to prevent interpersonal conflict among staff or committee members.
• Assist with coordination and updating publication of annual membership directory.
• Assist with coordination and design media placements (local and regional media).
• Calendar and information communications with Visitors Center volunteers and staff.
• Assist with coordination and follow-up for the Chamber’s relevant committee meetings in collaboration with the Executive Director.
• Prepare agendas and action summaries and send reminders for assigned committee meetings.
• Responsible for coordination of Chamber marketing efforts for all Chamber events and publications, integrating input from Chamber committees whenever possible.
• Present communication & event information at member events and as needed.
• Assist in preparation/publication of member information publications (e.g. flyers, brochures, posters, booklets, etc.) as needed.
• Represent Chamber staff at member events as needed.
Member Event Coordination
• Produce and coordinate annual and seasonal events.
• Represents the Chamber staff at annual and seasonal events as needed.
• Prepares financial reconciliation and recaps of all member events.
• Assist land communicate with volunteers and visitors as needed.
• Work with and support chamber as needed with city and port organizations.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
Send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk ins.